Monday, November 21, 2011

A children's bag

The request for Hello Kitty tatt for my god daughter's Christmas present was easy to for fill - that Kitty is everywhere.  I wanted to make a little bag for her to store her HK treasures in. I found this fab HK fabric online but as I only needed 1/2 yard I couldn't really justify the delivery cost.  So I opted for some cheery prints from the local Joann's, only $4.99 a yard. The bag is now multi-functional, not just for Hello Kitty treasures.


I followed the tutorial for the Lindie Bag from Craft Apple and it has turned out extremely well.  This bag gave me an opportunity to expand my sewing repertoire;

  • First proper use of fusible interfacing
  • First following of a pattern to the letter AND it working
  • First attempt at boxed corners
And I am very happy to report all were successful firsts, yay!


 





No comments:

Post a Comment