Saturday, January 12, 2013

Storage basket

Belated Happy New Year! After a fun filled Christmas and New Year in the UK I am back home and full of early January enthusiasm for all things blog, so here we are first post of 2013.

We finished the main bathroom renovation before our trip, just. We were literally doing jobs the night before our flight.  Needless to say there are still a few snags to be completed but I took this week to reacquaint myself with my sewing machine instead.  My parents live near a fantastic independent fabric shop, Ray-Stitch, and of course I could not help but make a purchase or two.

Lotta Jansdotter - Bella - Rocky Shore in Poppy
Lotta Jansdotter - Bella
I wanted to make a storage basket to hold spare loo rolls and fill an awkward gap between the dryer and the ceiling.  This pattern from JCaroline Creative was closest to the size I wanted from those pinned on Pinterest. It was an easy pattern to follow; although I needed more than 1/2 yard of the lining fabric & I used a different type of stabilizer (which wasn't quite as sturdy as hers).  Click on the link to follow her instructions if you fancy making your own.





Feel free to admire the beautiful tiling.......I will post the final bathroom reveal soon, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment