Sunday, October 9, 2011

Wreath

The jury is still out for me on the wreath-on-door-thing.  Back in the UK we always had one at Christmas time, a few springs of holy tied together with a festive ribbon, the rest of the year the front door remained naked.
Stateside wreaths are BIG and in particular this time of year and the run up to Christmas. After seeing many pretty ones on Pinterest I decided to jump on board, for this year anyway!


I copied this design from Six Sisters' Stuff blog as it seemed a good use for some of my left over wool.  I used a 12" foam wreath from Joann's which used a ball of wool.  I made the felt strips slightly narrower than suggested as the wreath was smaller.
I stitch the ruffle around the wreath as I plan to swop out the orange for red for Christmas. 

So what's the verdict? Wreath or not to wreath?

No comments:

Post a Comment