Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Guest room slippers

My sister and her family are coming for their summer holiday very soon - yippee! I wanted to make her something to welcome her and to christen my new book Weekend Sewing (thanks Kate who sent it to me!).  Lets face it everything in that book is worth making, but in the end I plumped for the slippers.


Even allowing for the diminutive nature of my sister & her feet I think they may have turned out a little small, so they could end up as a present for my aunt who has size 1 feet (there are tiny genes in my family).  
Mr Maker suggested I "just make them again" for Sis; as much as I love her I may have to reconsider her welcome gift...Any suggestions? Bare in mind I have a list of projects to finish before they arrive in 13 days (and counting)

1 comment:

  1. I made a really nice zip up purse recently...It was quick, good experience (never done zips before) and turned out v pretty. Used really nice fabric. I think it's a lovely gift and plan to make them for Gabe's teachers as a Thank you.

    ReplyDelete