Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Magic in a mug

I hosted girls poker last night and I may have had half a glass of wine more than I needed. Consequently breakfast this morning needed a little magical power to get me going.  This recipe is a take on the cake in mug theme (loads of versions out there on Pinterest &  the web). I have ever so slightly adapted it from Delighted Momma.  She follows a paleo diet so has a lot of recipes that are low or no starch.


 Blueberry & maple syrup Muffin in a Mug

3 tbs of ground almonds (almond meal)
1/2 tbs maple syrup
1/2 tbs honey
2 tbs unsweetened applesauce
1 egg
2 tbs fresh blueberries
1 tsp vanilla extract
zest of 1/2 lemon
1/2 tsp baking soda

Put all the ingredients together in a microwaveable mug or small bowl & mix.


Zap in the microwave for approximately 2 minutes and then tuck in, remembering that food comes out of the microwave hotter than the surface of the Sun...


No comments:

Post a Comment