Saturday, July 20, 2013

Starch free Tahini Grissini

Unlike my husband, I'm not a massive bread fan, however I have been missing eating bread products. Its the texture as much as anything and something savory.   Whilst trawling the internet I came across this interesting recipe for Tahini bread and thought it was worth a shot. A little difficult with the dubious google translation from Hebrew but I think I got the measure of it. I have made a few alterations from the original recipe.

Tahini Bread

1/2 cup of tahini
1 tbs almond butter (optional, apparently!)
1 egg
1/2 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
pinch of sugar


Preheat oven to 360F.
Put all the ingredients in a bowl and mix to form a very sticky dough.  


Shape as desired; the original recipe makes this quantity into two rolls.  Then sprinkle with sea salt.


Bake for 15-20 mins until they look done.

 

They have a great crunchy, crumbly texture and a strong savory taste (from the tahini). Mr did make a rather rude face when he tried them, but I think they are a good option for me.


I can think of may different variations - adding grated parmesan, chilli flakes, fennel seeds or sesame seeds on top.......

Anyone know any other no starch 'bread' products? 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment